Saturday, June 11, 2011

Farewell.


photo credit: pinterest


So long, Orlando..you've been good to me.  I can't even begin to mention all the people I am going to miss because number one, it will take too long and number two, it will just make me sad.  So instead, I  am going to focus this post on all the places and things we will miss about Orlando.  


Here it is...  (in no particular order)





#1. The Beach.  C'mon, who doesn't love the beach?  There are like 238,748,935 songs written about being at the beach so you know it must be awesome.  Even with sand all over me and salt water in my eyes, I still love it.  I'm not exactly sure why.. there's jut something about it.  
Beach days will definitely be missed.



photo credit: iheartpublix
#2. Publix.  One of my first thoughts after The Dr. read what was in his envelope at Match Day was, "Oh no..I have to leave Publix."  Seriously. I'm not even kidding.  Publix is clean, their brand of food products are delicious...ALL of them, they'll special order anything you ask for, your kid gets a free cookie (or banana) & balloon,  the bag boys happily walk your cart out, and as a special bonus--the produce manager will hit on you even after an hour of power yoga, but maybe that's just MY Publix.  



photo credit: pinterest
#3.  Being a (very) short drive from The Happiest Place on Earth.  Growing up in Orlando, you tend to take Disney for granted.  But I have to admit, I love the place.  I love the all the smiling people who work there, I love the Carousel of Progress, I love that we can go for just a couple hours if we want, I love watching the fireworks with sand beneath my toes at the Polynesian, and of course....

the tequila bar in Mexico at Epcot. Best. Place. Ever. 


Add caption
#4.  Orlando Magic games.  This may be my #4, but I'm pretty sure it's The Dr's #1.  He's a die-hard Magic fan.  Borderline obsessive.  I do enjoy going to games (mostly because I enjoy any sporting event) but, Magic fever has pretty much rubbed off on me the past couple years.  And I have to admit... I've developed a strong fondness for Dwight and JJ :)




#5. Hogwarts.  I don't know how much I can say I will miss it since I've never actually been there, so let's just say I will miss the fact that I can't just decide I would like to go today, hop in my car and drive the 20 minutes it would take to get there.  Honestly, I can't figure out why I never went.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE all things Harry Potter.  It was probably just the steep cost of a days admission that kept me away.  But, mark my words...I WILL GO TO HOGWARTS.  And Hogsmeade.  And I will drink Butterbeer.  I will probably not be going on the ride though, seeing as how I would like to keep said butterbeer in my belly. (Thanks for the heads up, Hazel!)





#6. The SUN.  Did you know Pittsburgh only gets about 2,000 hours of sunshine per year?  It averages 103 partly-cloudy days and 203 cloudy days. Someone needs to tell Pittsburgh these numbers are unacceptable.  Especially for a family from the Sunshine State.  Needless to say, I have already looked into pricing on a "happy light".  It's a special lamp with bright fluorescent light to mimic sunlight.  Being from Florida, I always thought these things were just a joke.  No.  They are serious.  
Did you know there is an actual disorder called SAD? Seasonal Affective Disorder.  It's a type of depression that occurs during the winter months due to lack of sunlight.  Bright, happy, glorious SUNLIGHT!  You will be missed.   


I could probably make this post a bajillion times longer, because crap, 
I'm going to miss this place.

xoxo, 
The Mrs.


SN:  My beautiful new header was created by my amazing sister-in-law, Hazel who I am also going to miss the crap out of! Follow her here.  She's pretty fantastic.  

5 comments:

  1. hi missy… it's katie. even though i hardly ever see you guys… i'm sad y'all are leaving. it is definitely hard to leave orlando. maybe, just MAYBE one day we'll all live there again. LOVE the new header :)

    safe travels and i hope you are blessed with a smooth transition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list!! I love you girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are going to miss you guys! So sorry that we didn't get to hang out with you before you guys left! Hopefully you won't stay away too long...maybe we'll get to see you around the holidays or something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so going to miss the crap out of you and Z and the Nood... Cheers to new and happy memories in the burgh. I love you guys!!



    And I need to make you longer headers...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, ladies! And thank you Hazel for the new longer headers :)

    ReplyDelete