Sunday, June 19, 2011

My Superheroes.

The Dr. with my Dad

Happy Father's Day to my fantastic Dad who is easily one of my most favorite people to be with.  Growing up I was always Daddy's little girl.  My Dad could do no wrong.  He was the strongest, smartest, kindest and tallest man in the world.  As I got older I realized he was certainly not the tallest, maybe not the strongest, and possibly not even the smartest (although we might have to argue that one) but you will never convince me he isn't the kindest.  
It wasn't until I became a parent and looked back on my childhood that I truly understood just how selfless my Dad is. He gives all he has to his family.  He was never ever too busy for us.  His love has been a constant in my life and has never been doubted.  And it is this unwavering love that has made me who I am today.  So Dad, thank you.  Thank you for your quiet strength.  Thank you for always being there for me. Thank you for always trying to teach me what is truly important in life.  Thank you for the french toast.  Thank you for showing me the world. And thank you for never sweating the small stuff.  I want to be just like you when I grow up.  I love you.  


And a HFD to my generous husband, an awesome Dad to the Noodle.  The man, who when asked what he wanted for Father's Day told me to make him a "honey-do" list.  And has spent the day cleaning out the garage and the basement.  Because that's the kind of person he is.  I wonder every day what I did to deserve this amazing man. He stepped up and took on this incredible responsibility with poise and an amazing sense of purpose even in the midst of medical school.  Thank you for taking such good care of us.  I greatly appreciate all the things you do for our little family.  You are the cheese to my macaroni.  I love you. 



And to the other inspirational "Dads" in my life...



Happy Father's Day.  

xoxo, 
The Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment