Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Meatless Monday!


I realize that not eating animals and their products at all may be a little extreme for most people, so that is why I love the Meatless Monday movement.  Basically it's a non-profit initiative to begin the week with meat-free alternatives. You can read all about Meatless Monday here. I'm going to (try) to post a new meat-free recipe every Monday in support of the Meatless Monday movement.  

For my inaugural Meatless Monday post I chose a recipe from one of the blogs I follow, Katie's Cucina.  Katie is a friend of mine since high school and a Steeler fan since birth. She loves to cook and creates her own recipes.  (I'm more of a "clear direction" kind of girl.) 
This week her featured recipe is Tortellini with sauteed vegetables.  Looks amazing, right?  You can easily turn this into a vegan recipe by substituting the tortellini for a dairy and egg free pasta and using nutritional yeast in place of the parmesan cheese. *Bonus: Katie informed me you can even take the leftovers and make a yummy soup!  Find that recipe here.  Meat-free meals can be super delicious too!   
I told myself I was going to make this recipe tonight, but after the Dr. and I took an 8 mile bike ride and did some yard work I wasn't really up for much kitchen time, so leftovers it was.  So, tomorrow ...it's on.  Because EVERY day is Meatless Monday in our house.  

xoxo,
The Mrs.

3 comments:

  1. OMG I love you for this post. Thank you for promoting a meatless lifestyle. I am proud to say I have been meat free since birth and will definitely continue this while raising my own children...whenever I have any lol. I am so subscribing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing my recipe with your readers! :) I hope you guys liked it!

    ReplyDelete