Friday, July 22, 2011

Noodle takes Pgh!

Change of plans.  Noodle came to Pittsburgh a week early! He was SO excited to ride on an airplane "by all himself" and did beautifully.  I wish I could say the same for the Dr. and I. We were an anxious mess waiting for his plane to land. It seemed like an eternity.  
And then...there he was.  Walking off the plane like a big boy. That sweet, smiling face in desperate need of a haircut that I missed like crazy.  
Off the plane...
..and into my arms!!!

We've had a lot of fun the last few days showing our new little 'burgher his new home. 
Check out this face as we drove into the city that according to New York Magazine is "the only city with an entrance."



Somebody else really missed the Noodle...

First stop? A trip up the incline, of course! This was our first time taking the Monongahela instead of the Duquesne. Bad idea on the hottest day of the year.  The Duquesne incline has screens for windows making for a lovely breeze.  Monongahela does not.  To say we were sweaty is putting it nicely.  At the top, the Noodle's first words were, "It's beautiful!" Yes, it is.  Those two words just made every drop of sweat rolling down my back right now, worth it. 


After being stuck in a 1,000° sweat box we had to stop for ice cream on Mt. Washington.  Yes, HAD TO. If you've ever had to deal with two hot, sweaty, cranky boys being forced to smile pretty for pictures, you know exactly what I'm talking about. 
smiles came a lot easier after some frozen goodness :)))))

Then to our favorite park...Fall Run. Where the boys (& Ellie!)  hiked to the top of the waterfall.  The Noodle loved walking IN the creek bed.  As I walked along the trail, I could hear him yell, "this is awesome!" 



The Dr. was out of town today on a rafting trip with his fellow residents, so the Noodle and I decided to check out the neighborhood pool. Between the slide and the diving board he was IN HEAVEN.  I think he went down this slide about 746 times.  And he made his first friend.  
Noodle about to go down the slide...again.

It's been a successful, fun, firefly catchin' first three days.  
We're all looking forward to making a lot more memories in the 'burgh. 

xoxo, 
The Mrs.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! So glad The Nood is liking it up there!! Miss you guys! ♥

    ReplyDelete